If you want to be successful marketing at senior levels of B2B prospects you need to enable you web presence and systems to:
- Handle web queries via Mobile
- Market to visitors on Mobile devices
- Deliver relevant content to a mobile enabled device
- Drive the “buyers journey” on a mobile
Mobile is hot, but generally considered in the context of B2C rather than B2B businesses. A couple of new reports/graphs summarised here indicates that B2B and particulalry senior B2B executives have jumped ahead of the mass market.
The drivers behind this are:
- High penetration of smart-phones in senior management
- Lack of ‘desk’ time means that senior management needs access whilst mobile
The key behind success in this markt is to deliver a good mobile expereience across ALL phases of the sales cycle. Here’s a couple of data points to support the argument.
One-quarter of B2B ecommerce professionals around the world said the mobile web was one of the most influential touchpoints for their customers.
28% of USA B2B C-level executives used a mobile phone to research business purchases, compared to 25% of those outside the C-suite. This was even more apprent on tablets, where 21% of the C-level used a tablet compared to and 12% for those outside the C-suite.