Vendors offering a free 30-day trial include Microsoft, Salesforce, SugarCRM, Zoho, Oracle, Sage, Legrand and NetSuite.
Taking up these offers are a complete waste of time – unless you have a structured plan on how you will evaluate the software. The best plan is to ask:
How to I prove that this software meets my business needs in the next 30-days
As a starting point you want to understand:
- What are my objectives?
- What am I trying to achieve?
- What is the main focus – Sales, Marketing, Service or Partners?
- What does success look like?
- What ROI can I deliver in 30-days?
- How do I maximise my investment of time and effort over 30-days?
- How can I re-use the things I do over the trial period?
- How many software packages will I trial?
Trials will typically run on Cloud CRM systems and that’s a good way to start. If you intend to run the system on-site, make sure that the vendors can support that and also migrate data and configuration changes you made during the trial.
So, before you fill out the online forms plan ahead. Look for the 30-day trials which clearly outline how they will help you do a proper evaluation and manage all your needs through the trial period.